When it comes to buying a property, one ought to alert and check the property and land records. Indian real estate industry use to involve considerable amount black money, frauds and non-transparency and hence it is important to remain vigilant to avoid getting cheated. A smart way to protect self from such scenarios is to check for the land/property records before buying one.
Government of India has initiated the National Land Record Modernization Program (NLRMP) to computerise the Record of Rights (RoR). With this, quite a few Indian states like Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Bihar, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh are now offering RoR online. The foremost thing is to visit the online portal of the state where you wish to buy the property.
Here is a list of online portals for different states to check land and property records so that you know your property better.
Tamil Nadu http://eservices.tn.gov.in
West Bengal http://banglarbhumi.gov.in/
Uttar Pradesh http://bhulekh.up.nic.in
Madhya Pradesh landrecords.mp.gov.in
HOW TO CHECK ONLINE LAND RECORDS FOR MAHARASHTA?
- Visit the online portal for checking land record in Maharashtra mahabhulekh.maharashtra.gov.in.
- Choose a district. Once done, choose the Taluka (Tehsil) and Village from under the drop-down menu.
- Enter the name or survey number to search 7/12 records of the land.
- Click on the search button.
- List of 7/12 records of land will be displayed.
- If required, you can print the page. But this printed form is NOT acceptable legally.
HOW TO CHECK ONLINE PROPERTY RECORDS FOR MAHARASHTRA?
- Visit the online portal to check the property record for Maharashtra.
- Register and login on the website.
- Select the year, district and village to check property details.
- Enter Property number SurveyNo./CTSNo./MilkatNo./GatNo./PlotNo.
- Press the Search button.
- The screen will display all the requisite property records.
HOW TO CHECK ONLINE LAND RECORDS FOR GUJARAT?
- Visit the official online portal for checking land records for Gujarat https://anyror.gujarat.gov.in/.
- Click on View Land Record.
- A new page showing 7/12 records will open.
- Enter details about district, taluka, village and survey number.
- Enter ‘Captcha code’ for verification. Click on Get Detail button to see land records.
- Take a print of the page if you want though it is not acceptable legally.
The procedure stated here is the same for all the other states mentioned in the document above as well.
HOW TO CHECK ONLINE PROPERTY RECORDS FOR GUJARAT?
- Visit the official website for checking property records for Gujarat viz. https://anyror.gujarat.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Property Search’ button.
- A new page will open where you can search property record by entering a name or document number.
For search on a property basis, enter the district, sub-registrar office, Index 2, Property type (residential/ commercial or industrial), Search type and TP no or survey number.
Under the search type, choose options for survey number, block number, TP number etc and enter your name, email ID and mobile number. Click on Send verification code to receive an OTP on the stated mobile number and email ID. As you enter the OTP, the details will be displayed.
- Choose the appropriate option.
One can avail home loans to buy the property of their dream. Home loan in India is offered by several lenders at a competitive rate of interest. Fintechs like LoansJagat offers an excellent comparative platform wherein the borrower can compare different home loan providers on account of their offerings and make an informed decision accordingly. Buying a property is no child’s play. It is important to act smart and play safe when it comes to property matters. Go through the agreements, read between the lines, do prior research about the property/land, check the documents etc and ensure that the deal is going to be a fruitful one. With the government giving the facilities, one should try and avail it to full to rest assured of not getting cheated. As a smart individual, one should leave no stone unturned when it comes to the matters of property and land.